Friday, November 9, 2007

Easily Distracted Dunce...

So, I've got a few writing projects in the works, but nothing too major at the moment. The script for Volume 1 of Jesus Hates Zombies: Yea, Though I Walk... Featuring Lincoln Hates Werewolves (yes, I was going for the longest, most ridiculous title I could think of) is complete and to Lauren for her to make the pretty pages, so I'm not writing anything pressing... But I've got a couple of things cooking that I would like to finish up.

So what do I do? I go out last night and pick up Guitar Hero III. Now, I'm completely new to this series. In all honesty, I thought the whole idea was silly... Who wants to look like an ass holding a fake little guitar, pressing buttons on it to correspond to some lame ass songs, right?

But I'd heard nothing but great things about the franchise, and then I was walking through a store that had the game up and running on one of its myriad of flat screen TVs... and the song that was playing was Even Flow by Pearl Jam. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a Pearl Jam fanatic. I've even got a Pearl Jam tattoo! That was it for me... if my beloved Jam endorsed Guitar Hero, then I could to!

So this brings me to last night. I bought the game and the little guitar and set off on my personal Rock Opera. I named my band ZombyLuv (oh how clever I'm not) and fired it up. Nearly 3 1/2 hours later, it was ridiculously late, my fingers were cramping, and I was in the throws of ROCK STARDOM!

Oh, Guitar Hero III, you evil mistress... you've snared me in your web of Rock God Fantasy! Damn you! DAMN YOU!

I see very little writing in my immediate future.
Yep, I'm an easily distracted dunce...
~ Stephen

No comments: