Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Damn, Jesus is FUNNY!

Not much to update on the comic front today. Still waiting for the last of the pages from Mark for House of Worship. Once I get those, things will start to pick up again. But I've been prepping the rest of the pages, and right now it looks like the anthology is coming in at a whopping 138 pages! Now that's a hefty book! People will certainly be getting their money's worth.

On an unrelated note, I found this today:


This is an honest-to-God, no bullshit flick! I mean, damn, I didn't even throw JC into spandex in the comic... although after laughing myself silly at this poster, I many have to at some point.

I love the notion of stuff like this - juxtaposing a known figure against something completely bizarre. It would be like taking Abe Lincoln and making him a werewolf hunter...

Say, that's not a bad idea. No stealing it! I wrote it here first, so it's my IP!

Yeah... honest Abe running through the woods at night... a thick fog hanging in the air... Suddenly a cry rings out, shattering the silence. It is the cry of a wolf! Abe's hand tightens around the handle of his ax... Sweet! Now I know what my NEXT project will be.

Hell, since all of this shit is 'supernatural' in nature, I can even through an ancient 'relic' into the mix that will transport Abe into the future where he will have to team up with -- you guessed it -- JESUS to fight zombies and figure out a way to get Abe back to his own time!

I'm an effin' under-appreciated genius -- or a shameless hack. Either one works for me!

~ S

No comments: