Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why I'm a Writer

My plan from now on is to drop a blog a day in here, regardless of what's going on (or not going on, as the case may be).

Today, there's not a whole helluvalot goin' on with the comic. I did receive an update from each of the artists still working no their stories, which is encouraging. I'm ok with waiting, as long as I know the work is being done. Hell, when you can't afford to pay your artists, patience is a BIG TIME virtue! You've gotta have flexi-deadlines because it's not like the artists involved can afford to drop everything and work on this project since it ain't puttin' food on their tables. (yet!)

One of the artists, Jordan Dalton, sent me a GORGEOUS page that he's just completed. His ability to use tones to bring a black & white page to life amazes me. He creates a living, breathing world that is devoid of color... and that's no easy feat! Wanna see what Jordan's view of my idea of downtown Heaven looks like?


Simply awesome... it's as gaudy and obnoxious as any large city here on Earth!

And now it's time for a little laugh at my expense. Here's the reason why I must rely so heavily on the talents of others to bring the JHZ world to life:


Yes, that is what JC would look like drawn by me...

Done laughing? Yeah... I know... thank GOD I have artists who are willing to work with me! LOL!

~ Stephen

No comments: